Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Natural Facial Care

I am trying something new with my facial care routine. (to distract me from my hair challenges...sending my hair good vibes) A few months ago, I decided to only wash my face using black soap and I found that it removed all of my make up easily without drying my skin but it was not helping to remedy some bumps on my forehead. that I got during pregnancy 2 years ago. So I have decided to try adding a second wash using Baking Soda.
When my consultant said she was going to use baking soda to help get rid of my build up at my next appointment, I decided to read up on it. I found out that yes, it is great for build up and many use it to rid themselves of acne and other blemishes as well. I also decided to look for some natural toners and I decided to try a ACV/Green tea mix. So here is my night time routine.



  1. Wash face with pea size piece of black soap and warm water
  2. Mix tablespoon of baking soda with enough boiled water to make paste then scrub face in a circular motion and rinse very well
  3. Fill cotton pad with ACV toner (recipe below) and gently pat face
  4. Moisturize with a 50/50 mix of Grapeseed oil and Jojoba oil
  5. Look in the mirror and say " I love you, your perfect" DH recommends doing that because it is best way to end your day

ACV Green Tea Toner

1/3cup brewed Organic green tea 
1/3cup ACV
1/3cup Distilled water

mix together in glass container and keep in the fridge.

Original recipe from anneroshine

Results after 1 week

Bumps are going down and are lighter in appearance but not gone yet. You can not see the difference in pics yet but DH and I can see it in person. I will do a one month visual comparison later. 

I like the results thus far the only issue is the smell of ACV but it goes away after some time. DH doesn't seem to notice but then again he is just getting use to me mixing one concoction after the other. 

Stay Blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. I might try those myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using ACV as a toner for awhile now and it's great! I also use it on my scalp with herbs a scalp cleanse. And it's cheap too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ACV has been great so far as a toner and I use to use it on my scalp when I first got installed but then I thought maybe it led to slippage. Not sure.

    ReplyDelete