Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bad Hair Day!


Well it has been a bad hair week and it doesn't look like it will get much better soon. I have washed my hair 2 days this week because after the first hair wash my hair and scalp was left grey. Yes, grey and yucky! I had rinsed and rinsed and I thought all was well but as I took my hair out of braids the next morning before work I saw a hot mess. I tried to do a style to cover it up but I ended up wearing a hat. Thank God, I was working outside those few days. I went to see my consultant and she said it was build up. I washed it again last night and rinsed it several times. Now I might be able to go around without a hat but I find my hair still looks a little grey,

 I have bunching, there's slippage in a patch of locks on top, and I LOST  a few locks. My consultant may faint when she sees this mess.



I am so frustrated. I felt as though my dry scalp was getting under control but when I came back from Tobago my scalp and skin just got really dry in this Southern Cali climate. My face even got these really dry patches that discolored my face temporarily. 

I have about a week and a half till my next appointment and Precious, my consultant, may try baking soda during my wash. I thank God for her because I don't know how I would have made it through this valley experience without her. But having this much build up, along with my other issues she has been working to correct over the last few months ( lock thinning and slippage) happening all at the same time, has overwhelmed me.

So until my appointment, I will roll my hair so the ends are less obvious and I will wear my funky hair bands. But I have to be honest, I will be very self conscious.

If you have any advice, support or have had a similar experience, please share. 



2 comments:

  1. First of all - welcome back, happy new year and everything else all in one! Been dying to post on here for ages *grin* so I'm glad you fixed the comment function :)

    First of all - don't stress. I know (from personal experience) that hair loss can be devastating - but the key is try not to worry about it (and make it worse).

    From your prev posts you sound like you eat healthily and take care of yourself as a matter of course; so whatever is happening we hope is just a 'glitch in the matrix'.

    I'm guessing you've been to your consultant by now - what did she say?

    Old Caribbean remedy for dry scalp? Castor oil, but I know SLers are reluctant to use oil on their hair but I would advise it for your scalp (in small amounts of course). I also know of someone who uses unrefined shea butter. Hope it all goes well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bajan- A few days after I vented here on my blog I just released it all and decided to just love my hair and know that everything will work out in time.
    I love having you and the other faithful bloggers to remind me that it is a journey.
    My consultant did her thing and my hair looks and feels much better. I will be posting about that soon.

    ReplyDelete