Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

Back From T&T

Happy New Year All!!!

Well I promised that I would bring back some interviews from women wearing locks in Trinidad and Tobago but I was unable to do so. Why, you may ask. Well every time I approached someone to do so I was told, in so many words, that even though my hair was cute I was going to regret having it done so small because of breakage, lack of growth etc. I ended up explaining the Sisterlocks process and sending them to the website bc they were not 'convinced' that I didn't do something tragic to my hair.

Most of the comments were well meaning, I suppose, but I met up with one person who was condescending and she wondered why I chose Sisterlocks. I believe that each person has the right to do what they want with their hair whether that be relax, loc, twist etc. I just simply responded to her with the truth that I chose Sisterlocks because I think they are beautiful, and I felt like I could style them in a way I have always wanted my hair to look. sigh

So no interviews or pics but below are some pics of me in T&T. Right now my hair is going through a stage where it doesn't want to hold a curl so I have just been free styling it. I was a little frustrated with that bc I wanted my family to see my hair looking it's best. Well it must have been good enough because I took some curious Aunt's to a few blogs and showed them the Sisterlocks "Good Hair" Youtube video (see below) and they were sold.




Christmas in Bago!!!


Hair after taking out Bantu Knots

Only lasted 1 day

Very Important!!!

Many of us have family, know people who live in the Caribbean, or just enjoy taking trips to the Caribbean. No matter what we are all connected so I hope that you have already found away to donate to a Haiti relief fund but if not here is one way that you can help. I simply texted the word "Haiti" to the number 90999 to make a $10 donation to the Red Cross Relief Fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment