Monday, October 10, 2011
Both my youngest daughter, and I have been having scalp issues, and it is so frustrating. I really wanted to find her some relief because she is so little, and I do not want her to have discomfort. So, when a fellow blogger/Facebooker mentioned using lemon juice to to solve her dandruff issues and scalp build up, I looked it up.
Lemons are a great cleanser, it has antibacterial properties, and is a very good astringent. Extra Virgin Olive oil can help reduce the production of dandruff, and works as a great moisturizer for dry scalp. So when you use both of these natural elements for scalp build up you can see results.
Mature locs/loose hair:
1. Warm 2 to 3 tablespoons of Olive oil and massage it in your scalp
2. Wrap your hair in a lint free towel (or use a plastic cap underneath) for 30 min
3. Wash your hair with a Clarifying Shampoo
4. Rinse your scalp with Lemon juice, from a fresh lemon, and a cup of warm distilled water
5. Do a final rinse to get the lemon out, using cool water that helps your hair look shiny
Baby locs: use steps 3 to 5 because Olive oil relaxes your curl and really softens your hair. I still only do steps 3-5 but used the full treatment on my daughter and saw the benefits after one treatment!! It took 2-3 treatments of the lemon rinse to see the improvement on my scalp.