Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

6 months- Back on track again.

Well last week I had to tell myself that I loved my hair but now I really really do love it. Finally, I had my re tight and repair done. And I think it looks great!! I feel like I am back on track again.



After my appointment, I took a good look at my locks and I have to agree with my consultant, there is much improvement.

Remember the back of my hair not too long ago:


                                                


Before







Precious Installed 11/09/09
Now









My hair has started locking (I thought that it was bunching lol). My partings look better and my grey build up is gone. Precious fixed my slippage, reinstalled a few locks that unraveled and started some new locks as well. I am so grateful for her hard work (she is soo fast all of that done in 4 hours) But I can't wait for the day I come in for just a straight, quick and easy re-tight. My wallet is definitely waiting for that too. (I can't complain too much, I hear of some people paying out much more then me)

There is still some work to be done. She is working to save some thinning locks and reinstall some of  my lost locks that she believes are due to my locks being too tightly retightened  (before I became her client).

So Precious sends a warning, that if you have really coily hair make sure you do not force those last few rotations. You have to give your hair room to contract.

Now, I just need to combat my dry scalp the best way I can. I am decreasing my coffee intake, increasing my water intake, and I am going to start using our humidifier again. If I can remedy my dry scalp I can decrease my chances of build up. Wish me luck!

Stay Blessed!!

3 comments:

  1. Your locs are coming along nicely. Thank God you found a consultant that obviously focuses on learning your hair and doing what it needs instead of doing what 'she' thinks it 'might' need. Your locs are looking healthy and great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...So Precious sends a warning, that if you have really coily hair make sure you do not force those last few rotations. You have to give your hair room to contract..."

    I agree 100%. Your locs are looking really good!

    ReplyDelete