Search This Blog

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Vitamins & Supplements for health, hair, nails and skin.

My weight had been fluctuating a lot over the last few months (stress). So over the last few weeks I have made sure to stock up on my fruit and veggies and to take my vitamins to combat any damage I might have done. And now, I already see and feel great results. Not much on the weight loss department bc I have not started working out again(my new consultant wants me to not wash my hair I will chat more about that soon) but my skin is soft and glowing, my nails are growing super fast and I am regular if you know what I mean.

Vitamin regime

Multi-vitamins- just to make sure I am not deficient in anything bc I do not always eat the way I should. I also take this to help fight against the big C’s (cardio vascular disease and cancer).

Fish oil- while I was pregnant I discovered all the benefits of having omega 3 fatty acids and fish oil is an excellent source of it esp. since I won’t cook salmon everyday. Again it helps with the big C’s, also improves memory, focus and relieves signs of depression.

Super B complex- for stress bc it gives me the energy to combat the daily stresses in life. Most importantly, the b vitamins help with cell rejuvenation, deficiencies can look like dry/ grey skin, wrinkles, acne, dermatitis, rashes, falling hair and weak, splitting nails. I swear I was suffering from most of those symptoms a few months ago.

LeVive Juice- it has a mixture of the top 5 antioxidant producing fruit in one product; Pomegranate, Goji, Acai, Noni and Mangosteen. I take a shot of it in the morning bc it does increase energy. Along with giving me healthy hair, skin and nails it controls blood sugars so that I have less of an urge to overeat.

Since I want to grow long sexy locs, I love that the above vitamins/supplements help with hair growth and for that purpose I am going to start drinking the wheat grass smoothies that Blaqkofi recommends on her site here.

Wheatgrass- Detoxifies and cleanses your body, helps balance your body’s pH level and strengthens your immune system

Now Big D, my hubby, sais vitamins might just be giving us expensive pee, and maybe some of the changes I noticed are psychosomatic. But I’ll take IT!! bc like many others I see the results in helping my body do it’s natural functions.

What vitamins/ supplements do you recommend and what results have you seen?

4 comments:

  1. I take a multivitamin and it has defitely helped me with my weight loss. I am thinking of trying wheat grass, bc i heard GREAT things about that, some ppl swear by it. Other than that, the omega 3s are a defintiely good thing, although I get mine from flaxseed oil (im vgan), but I havent been taking those, hmmm maybe I should start that up again bc I have been noticing some creepy skin stuff since the pregnancy! Could be hormones, but omegas 3s helped me a LOT before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips, and I can't wait to read about why your consultant doesn't want you to wash your hair too often...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pregnancy and breastfeeding really did a number on my skin, I think part of that was hormones and part of it was the baby taking everything from me.

    Bajan- I switched consultants and I told her about my prior experience and she is wondering if my hair is diff to lock so she asked me not to wash it. It has been 3 weeks and my hair is needing a wash.....bad. I go tomorrow and I can't wait to write about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooooooooooooh... I'm with you now (didn't see this before I posted on your more recent post - sorry). I think it's super cool that she washed it for you too!

    ps how old is your baby?

    ReplyDelete