Search This Blog

Saturday, September 26, 2009

To loc or not to loc

Okay community I need help. I am about to go for my retightening the end of this week and I'm wondering if I should loc my 'kitchen' or not. I believe my hair has grown enough to make some baby locs so my SL consultant can probably work her magic. However, I am suffering from major slippage back there and I am wondering if it is even worth the effort. I am also getting to the point that when my hair grows in the front I can go without wearing a hair band but the back still looks bad without it. I have a long neck and I am wondering if my hairline is very low or if it is normal? Also, I am nervous that if I cut it will my hairline be too high?

What do you think, should I shave it, loc it or both (lock one more row and shave the rest)? My consultant sais it is up to me whether I want to shave it or not so your thoughts are appreciated.



My hair styled without hair tie!








Below are the shots of the nape of my neck. (Please excuse my dirty hair I am it washing tomorrow)








7 comments:

  1. Hi there - I say if you can lock it then go for it. The slippage is normal in the beginning, but eventually it will stop. If you can't lock it for now ask your consultant for some medium sized braids just so its not loose hair. I wouldn't recommend shaving it because it will always grow back and then you have to decide what you want to do with it every few months. Good luck with whatever you decide, but your hair is coming along nicely!

    Headbands are a life saver aren't they? I wore them for probably the first two months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of hair back there. I think that it would look better locked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    your hair looks great, I think you should lock it. It looks long enough to loc and as it grows it wont loc as much. I get my loc installed on Oct 23rd. Cant wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the advice all. I think I am going to loc the back and see what happens.
    Divine- This is the hardest part, the count down. Just take really good care of your loose hair till then. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im glad you said that, i was going to say DONT SHAVE IT, haha you don't want to have the ackward stubbly phase back there, and that will take you farther away from a long term solution, as everyone has said! Lovely locks by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute locs! I say lock up the kitchen, it will only keep growing back if you shave it. Lock it up and watch it grow!

    All the best,
    BlessedGemLady

    ReplyDelete