Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Retail Therapy

It has been a while, I know, but I didn't have my camera to show you my hair after my 2 week hair review with my consultant or my second wash. My consultation took a long, long time so I am a little nervous about the $$ I am going to have to fork out. I am praying that my 530+ locks will take 5 hours max. I think I will become a DIYer sooner then I thought. I wanted to do 2 years with a consultant retightening my hair but I am encouraged by gigglz and bajan lily bc they are doing it for themselves and are so proud.

My second hair wash went very well. I learned from my first experience and I did three washes, 1 was a clarifying wash using Neutrogena T/Sal then I did 2 washes with the SL Starter Shampoo. I made my braids a little more loose then I did the last time. With these changes, I felt like my hair and scalp were squeaky clean. Now I am watching my hair get thicker and I am loving it.

I bought a new hair tie for work. I am not sure if I mentioned this before but bc of my pre sisterlocks damaged hair I have to wear a band or hair tie around my edges for a while. I was starting to get a little mad, sad, frustrated and everything in between about my short edges. But I went and did a little retail therapy and bought a pretty hair tie and some new earrings. (see below) I think before this year is over I am going to have oodles and oodles of new earrings and silk ties.


3 comments:

  1. Wow - your hair looks so thick, and I love the tie :)
    As for DiY - go for it (but not before you're ready cos you have to be dedicated!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good!! Retail therapy always works :-) Stay encouraged about your edges. I am sure they will grow to be just as healthy looking as the rest of your crown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the hair tie! It looks wonderful, and so do your locks!

    ReplyDelete