Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wish I knew earlier

My daughter’s hair growth has been slow, she is 20 months and her hair doesn’t look much different then when she was born. I have been so frustrated so I got on the internet and started researching natural products and hair growing techniques. It is through this research that I found ways to really care for my natural hair. It is kind of sad that after 6 years I have learnt all this info and the research, initially, really wasn’t for me. Lesson learned. My hair has never been this manageable nor this soft. I use to dread detangling my hair, I can’t tell you the times I just grabbed a pair of scissors and just chopped. Now after washing, I run a brush through my hair in no time. As for my daughter, I am taking care of her hair the best that I can and I am hoping to see some growth soon.

My Current Hair Regime

This is done once a week.

1. I create 6 large braids and I Shampoo with Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap,

2. I deep condition with (deep conditioner, honey and castor oil) about 20 min

3. I then unbraid one section at a time and detangle using a Denman brush. Once that section is detangled, I twist it and move to the next.

4. I wash out the conditioner combing through each section in the shower

5. I finish with a apple cider vinegar rinse.

6. While my hair is damp I use a cream leave in conditioner and twist my hair and then air dry

Half way through the week I use my spritz (made with Aloe, jojoba oil, rosemary oil) and my leave in conditioner and I retwist.

No comments:

Post a Comment