Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2009

My So Called 'Alien' Hair


Yes, when I was younger my hair was called ‘Alien Hair’ I had very short, course, light black hair. Unfortunately with being called that my hair became something I was ashamed of. When my Aunt tried to Gerry curl my hair it just wouldn’t take, the kink would resist. Then as I got older we tried super strength relaxers and I suffered from burn after burn. I had a week of bone straight hair and then 2 weeks out it looked like I needed a whole new relaxer.

Throughout my late teens and early 20’s I had segments of going natural, I braided, twisted and sported the afro poof but after a short time I would end up trying that good old relaxer again hoping for a different result. Insanity right! But the kink would resist. Over the last 6 years I have been natural:


I added twists



and I tree braided.


For the last 3 years I braided my own hair and sported a wig. Now finally I decided to wear my hair out in twists, twist out and my pulled back afro puff.




Now, finally, my hair is going to be styled the way I believe it has always meant to be, the kink can persist. Tomorrow I am going to meet with a SL consultant and it is my goal to have my hair Sisterlocked the first week of August. I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment