Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Change

In the past, at a point in time similar to this, I would start to feel the minor signs of anxiety and then that would sooner or later escalate into something that looks/feels like a panic attack. Anytime major change came about I would do it, whether it was moving to Australia for Grad School or marrying a man from another country and starting a new life in his world. However, those changes were met with pure panic. I remember jumping into my parent’s bed, laying between them in fetal position, wondering WTH was I doing moving to a country with spiders the size of my hand. (yes I was a grown woman crying in my parent's bed). Well now that I am about to do something to my hair that is permanent I am starting to have a few doubts. Will I look professional enough? Ofcourse Will Big D (my Hubby) like all the stages of my hair evolution? Maybe/ maybe not. Oh well all I can do is make a choice and see where it leads me, if I don't like the path I move to a new one.

I am pretty proud of myself for going after what I want and now I can have the doubts, which are perfectly normal, and enjoy the journey without the overwhelming sense of fear. I see change whether you can control or not as a blessing because when it comes into my life it is for a reason. Even when I think of past ‘undesirable’ changes I see now how they fit into the grand scheme of things. So I no longer feel panic, I feel anticipation. I am curious to see what the Universe has in store.

1 more week and then I will have my Sisterlocks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment