Search This Blog

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Top 5 Reasons I love Vinegar




Heinz  Distilled White  Vinegar  1.32 gal



I  LOVE using vinegar, very much! It has become a staple in my home. I recently went to COSTCO so that I could by a 5L bottle of white vinegar for less then $4.00. I felt such a rush scoring that deal that I literally giggled as I hauled it into my cart. That is how much I love vinegar.

I typically use White Vinegar for the home and Apple Cider for my hair and skin however, I will replace ACV with WV when I run out.

Vinegar is awesome because it cleanses hair and is often used to treat dandruff. It’s anti-fungal, disinfecting, and Ph balancing properties are also useful when cleansing/healing your body and cleaning your home.

Here are the Top 5 Reasons I love Vinegar

1. I have reduced the use of commercial cold and sinus medications that are full of so much junk with using this homemade cold and flu formula recipe instead



2. Being pregnant with my daughters made me want to stop using cleaners with heavy fumes so now I make several mild homemade cleaners.


Tub cleaner- Use 1 part Dawn, and 1 part warm White Vinegar, spray the tub and leave the mixture on there for several hours. Next, rinse your tub with hot to warm water and see the sparkling results!

3. Natural Feminine Wash. Sometimes a lady needs a little extra sumthin, sumthin when washing her feminine parts (esp. after pregnancy or her menstrual cycle) and I find this method very helpful. http://www.ehow.com/how_5680738_use-vinegar-feminine-wash.html

4. I have used ACV rinses for a long time but now I have added a vinegar/baking soda wash during my shampoo process. My scalp is left clean and my hair is fresh and shiny. When my consultant washes my hair, in a similar fashion as this, it looks as though I have used a shine serum because it is super shiny!!

Step 1- Rinse locs very well
Step 2- Take a 1-2 tbsp of baking soda and water to make a paste and then massage my scalp with it. I also smooth the mixture down the length of my locs
Step 3- I use a spray bottle full of vinegar and spray my hair with it till I hear bubbling
Step 4- After I have massaged my locs I rinse the vinegar and baking soda up
Step 5- I wash my hair another 2 times using a clarifying shampoo

Here is the link where I discovered this method. I use Recipe B and I considering using Recipe C, very soon.  http://dirtyprettythangs.com/2010/07/06/kitchen-kures-natural-clarifiers-for-my-locs/

5. Every so often I add 1 cup of white vinegar to my washing machine to get cleaner and fluffier towels. The vinegar will get rid of detergent build up and any musky smells that you get from forgetting your load of towels in the washer…ooops.

If you have a case of stinky mildew towels use this 3 step process.

Step 1- Wash your towels in only hot water with 1 cup of vinegar,
Step 2- Run the towels again in hot water with a ½ cup of baking soda. This will strip your towels of that residue and mildew smell and will actually leave them feeling fluffy and smelling fresh.
Step 3- Dry as usual

I hope that you find a way to add more vinegar to your life, you will not regret it!


Stay Blessed,


TWI (The Woman Inside)

1 comment:

  1. Ok I think this post has convinced me to try a vinegar rinse in my hair. I have been wanting to try it, but never got around to doing it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete