Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

1 Year Anniversary!

Well last month, Aug.9th, I made it to my 1 year mark. I could not color my hair, like I planned, and that is disappointing but the reason I do not want to color my hair is because;

I am Pregnant!!!!! I am due Nov. 11th and we are having another girl!

                                                                             25 Weeks

I know there are dyes that might be OK to use but I just don't want to take any chances. I am moving my hair dye date to my birthday in January. I am also still trying to figure out what color I want to use. If you have any suggestions for color(s), that would suit my skin tone, please leave them in comments, I would really appreciate it.

My hair is settling but it is not locked yet. My hair is growing like a weed, I can see it in my new growth but I don't always see the length because my hair is so coily and my locs are so small. But once I start pulling/stretching my locs and compare old photos I see the difference.



The little stumps in the front (approx 2months in)

have grown into bangs!!!!














Concerns- I actually noticed a bald spot (outta nowhere) when I was around 3- 4 months pregnant. I did not want to talk about it because it stressed me out so much and I knew that my stress would make it worse. I think my pregnancy hormones and the financial stress I was under caused the patch.( I got a lot of encouragement and info from  Bajan Lily who blogged about her experience with hair loss.) But in no time it grew back and at my last appointment Precious, my consultant, put a little lock there. I am nervous about my post partum hair issues but Precious and I will be keeping a close eye on my hair.

Hair maintenance- *Retights are every 6 weeks  *Wash every 2 weeks (I will be trying out various clarifying shampoos and I cant wait to blog about that) currently I use Dawn Pure and then I do an ACV rinse *I use a Seabreeze spritz every 3 days  *I still use a shower cap and night bonnet.

Goals- 1) still aiming for a decent ponytail 2) find my hair color for my first dye EVER 3) take the SL retightening class (will continue to use my consultant but I think it is important to know how to DIY)

I am so happy with choosing to Sisterlock my hair. It has not always been an easy journey but it has been worth it.

Stay Blessed!!

6 comments:

  1. 1. Happy Anniversary!
    2. Congratulations on the baby!
    3. Thanks for the shout out :)

    Your hair has really come along well and I'm so glad (for you) that your lil bald patch grew back in. Hopefully, I'll get there some day too :)
    Hope you have a safe and speedy delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your warm wishes and encouragement. Your info on hair-loss has helped me a lot so thanx again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sisterlocks is coming along beautiful and congratulation on the baby. Motherhood is such a joy. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! I feel so blessed to be a Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congratulations are due all around. Your hair looks fabulous and motherhood is an amazing experience - everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Loc'Versary beautiful Queen and congratulations on your pregnancy. You and your locks are simply lovely. I appreciate your kind words of support when visiting Natural Awakenings. I noticed that we have something else in common besides our Sisterlocks - you're a Lifestyle Coach. I'm a Professional and Personal Life Coach! How empowering!

    ReplyDelete