Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Finally getting some LOVE!!!

YEEEAAAHHH! I have had 3 people in the last 6 days tell me in person that they LOVE my hair!! Before,  I've gotten "oh you've changed you hair...looks nice", "you cut your hair" and "your hair is cute". But now I can add "I love your hair" to the list. I am doing the happy dance.

I guess that self- love, sending positive vibes, thing really works ;)

Of course, I have to give a shout out to Precious, my SL consultant! I would also like to give some credit to my new purchase.



(Click on image for website)

I bought 2 packs for $6.95 each at a local retailer called Shamrock Imports. I ended up exchanging a pack because later I read, on the Soft Spikes wed site, that the black curlers work better then pink and purple(the colors I bought) because it's made of a sturdier foam. Keep that in mind if you would like to purchase Soft Spikes for your locs. Even so, I kept the pink because I had already used them and they worked just fine.


I used only one pack, so 30 rollers, I didn't use any setting lotions, gels or even water but I did sleep in them over night. It wasn't too bad to sleep in but then again I am use to sleeping in perm rodes. ugh
Here's the curl:


Here's the 'style':


The curls lasted 3 days and when I'm able I want to use aloe and water as a setting gel to enhance the results.

OK, I am off to make some Whipped Shea Butter and I will post about that (if it works out) along with the adventure I had in making Coconut oil .

Stay Blessed!





3 comments:

  1. Love it - especially the last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the curls came out really pretty! I do love your hair and I am not just saying that. I can't wait to embark on my sisterlock journey one day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!

    The journey may have its challenges, most journeys do, but man it I am so glad I am on it. Good-luck with yours, and I hope it happens soon for you.

    ReplyDelete